OpenAI hosted its first developer conference on November 6th, 2023 in San Francisco.
It has been approximately one year since OpenAI unveiled ChatGPT a Large Language Model that made a significant global impact. And once again, OpenAI has managed to shock the industry with their latest developments and announcements.
AICO an AI video editor leverages ChatGPT’s API to automatically select the best video segments. Hence, this naturally sparked our interest in OpenAI’s upcoming updates.
We will provide summary of key contents that were presented.
The most astonishing news from the conference was the announcement of GPT-4 Turbo, an even more powerful model from the previous GPT-4 model.
Here is a list of features for GPT-4 Turbo
- GPT-4 Turbo updates its knowledge base to April 2023 allowing it to provide responses with more recent information, compared to GPT-4 which has a knowledge base cut off of January 2022. If you were to ask GPT-4 who won the Super Bowl in February 2022, it wouldn’t have an answer but GPT-4 Turbo would.
- GPT-4 Turbo accepts longer input. While the previous version could handle around 3000 words, GPT-4 Turbo can take inputs of around 300 pages, allowing requests like summarizing an entire book.
- GPT-4 Turbo supports image (DALL-E 3) and Text To Speech conversations.
- In addition, there were some exciting news for us too. The cost to use GPT-4 Turbo for developers decreased by an average of 36%. OpenAI currently offers the preview version of GPT-4 Turbo for developers and intends to make it available to everyone in the coming weeks.
GPTs is a new service where you can upload text files to create customized chat bots. Think of it as a GPT that users can customize for a specific use case.
OpenAI’s CEO, Sam Altman demonstrated creating a Startup Mentor using the GPT Builder (a no code, natural language tool) during the conference.
Now, non technical individuals can easily venture into computer programming.
GPT Store will be launched later this month. Similar to the Appstore, it provides a platform where users can monetize the GPTs they create.
Highly innovative, isn’t it?
several other intriguing announcements were made.
- GPT-3.5 Turbo can handle more input with better functionality
- GPT-4 supports fine tuning, and GPT-4 Turbo with vision, DALL·E 3, TTS, Whisper V3 can all be accessed via API
- OpenAI pledged they will handle all copyright issues during the conference. For both ChatGPT Enterprise and API, OpenAI will intervene and cover costs to protect customers in legal disputes and copyright infringements.
With these major updates and latest announcements from OpenAI, the AI industry has once again become abuzz.
Our AICO team was particularly excited about OpenAI's announcements and has been moving swiftly in response. Partly because AICO leverages ChatGPT technology in the segment recommendation stage, making it a key feature. With just three clicks, AICO automatically creates shorts from a YouTube link.
Consequently, our AICO development team has been actively testing to incorporate the newly revealed technologies in response to the latest announcements. When OpenAI's advanced technologies are integrated into AICO, it will offer even more powerful segment recommendations with newer features.
Expect AICO to continue arming itself with the latest AI technologies, in step with OpenAI's rapid advancements. Stay tuned for more exciting updates!
We'll be back with more news soon!